Call for Journal Paper Presentations
SEC has partnered with ACM Transactions on Internet of Things (TIOT) to incorporate presentations of some of its papers into a special session of the main program. The authors of papers in these journals are invited to present their work at SEC, to expand the outreach of their archival publication while complementing the research track program offered to attendees.
Submission of application for journal presentation: August 20th, 2022
Author notification: September 15th, 2022
Journal Track Chairs
Schahram Dustdar, TU Wien (Austria)
Songqing Chen, George Mason University (USA)
To meet the requirements for journal presentation, a paper:
- must have been published by TIOT no earlier than 24 months before the submission deadline above, or be currently accepted for publication;
- must be in the scope of the conference;
- should report new research results or novel contributions that significantly expand upon previous work;
- must not have been presented at, or be under consideration in, similar journal presentation tracks at other conferences.
How to Submit
The authors of eligible journal papers can submit their application to present at SEC via a simple online form, notably including information about:
- Title, authors and affiliations, and abstract of the paper;
- A URL pointing to the original accepted paper on the journal website;
- A statement explaining how the paper meets the eligibility requirements.
As eligible journal papers have already been reviewed and accepted by the partnering journal, the selection process does not include a re-review of their technical content. Instead, proposals and papers are checked against the eligibility requirements above. If the number of eligible proposals exceeds the one allocated in the main program, priority is given to papers that best fit the conference scope, complement the program, and maximize participation (e.g., by authors that do not have another paper in the program).
Presentation, Attendance, and Publication
It is expected that at least one of the authors of a journal accepted for presentation at SEC registers to the conference and attends the whole event. Journal presentations will be scheduled in their own track as part of the main program, and ideally allocated the same time as regular papers. As journal papers have already been published, they will not be part of the SEC proceedings. However, the information about where to retrieve the original journal paper will be listed in the conference program.